In building homes and remodelling in the United States, some trends are short-lived while some last a decade or even longer. With the severe downturn of activity in new building, builders are now wiser in their crafts of constructing homes and buyers are equally receptive to these changes.
Home builders today have to be more creative to survive recession. New construction trends in America are giving new home construction a shot and builders have re-invented themselves by becoming shrewder in their field.
The following are some of the latest trends in new home building in America.
- New home building innovations incorporate more storage space, larger kitchens, security systems, laundry rooms, larger garages with work space, separate tubs, shower stalls and a home theater system.
- Builders are also integrating energy-efficient methods such as products that emit low gas and flexible floor plans. Feng Shui is even used in designing new homes nowadays.
- Wiring is set up so new owners will have access of the state-of-the-art security systems with high-speed data, video pick and high-tech cable or satellite TV. New homebuyers also request for remote control systems that turn on lights to initiate security system.
- Many of the ceilings nowadays are painted an accent color and usually more than one color. Most are the same color with the walls.
- Game rooms are now popping in new constructed homes. Typically, a basement or ground floor room, a game room can now be found on the second floor in place of an office or a bedroom. Most game rooms have video game set-ups, pinball games and arcade style games.
- Today, crown moldings have become less of an update buy a standard choice in higher-end houses. Additionally, chair rails, panels, wainscoting and fluted door are very popular.
- Synthetic materials like trim sidings and fibreglass doors are coming out in home construction.
- Wooden stairs with wooden railings but iron balusters continue to be the option for many builders and is indeed the hot stairway look that most homebuyers are looking for.
- Home products for insulation, roofing, windows and doors are considered for energy efficiency and safety in home building these days, along with wind and solar power. Quality appliances and shade are also factors in the new home construction trends today.
- Present homeowners responded to the downturn of the economy because instead of selling their homes, they are now adding more space to their present homes and integrating more space and using new trends and techniques in the process.
Nonetheless, you should not consider these trends necessary in your home, but if you are planning to remodel it, get it ready to sell or build a new home, it is good to be aware of the trends to be able to maximize your home’s market value.
Regardless of whether constructing a new home or building out a current home, builders are finding work in the recession state and are expecting the new trends to help boost the market of home construction.
Great new homes in New Property in Gilbert, foreclosed homes in Foreclosed Homes for Sale in Gilbert and more bedrooms in
4-Bedroom Houses in Gilbert.